Who we are
Our website address is: https://elementalsoles.co.uk. Elemental Soles is operated by Julie Kyriacou who is the Naturopathic Practitioner offering the services outlined within this site. Julie is the data controller and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact form on the site.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information collected during treatment sessions
LAWFUL BASIS FOR HOLDING AND USING CLIENT INFORMATION
As a qualified therapist in Nutritional Therapy, Orthopaedic Acupuncture, Acupressure Massage, Reflexology and certified as a NES Health Bio-energetic Practitioner, the lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests i.e. my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice. As a full member of the Acupuncture Society, I abide by their Code of Practice and Ethics.
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfill my role as a health care practitioner. For this I am bound under the Acupuncture Society’s Confidentiality as defined in their Code of Practice and Ethics, and I apply these principles to the practice of all therapies for which I hold qualifications.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give professional treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing therapeutic treatments and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at first consultation)
- Treatment details and related notes (which I will take after each consultation)
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
NES Health portal account (Bio-energetic therapy only)
In order to provide you with Bio-energetic therapy you will need to agree to have an account set up with NES Health (https://portal.neshealth.com/). This is a cloud-based system and you will be given a personal password and username to access it. In order to set up this account I must obtain contact details including email address, and gender. Gender is required only to ensure that the scanning software displays the correct version of the software.
How long we retain your data
I will keep your information for 7 years following your last treatment with me as required for ‘claims occurring insurance’, or as required by law.
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
What rights you have over your data
GDPR gives you the following rights:
right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
right to object:
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
- if you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
How we protect your data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Treatment information or information related to your health
- Special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)